Wednesday 3 September 2008

PayPal SKYPE Scam

My inbox this morning had 4 emails from PayPal detailing payments to Skype, 2 at 11:30 last night, and 2 at 1:30 this morning. Needless to say they were all fraudulent. I do have a Skype account but I have never added funds to it. I use my PayPal account for eBay only. PayPal have refunded the 2 smallest amounts, but now want me to file a claim for the other 2. So they keep my money while this investigation is going on. (or rather; it comes out of my Credit card account). What's the problem guys? You refunded 2 why not the other 2? What a shower! Is it any coincidence that Skype and PayPal are the same company? I shall remove Skype from my PC and close my PayPal account - when I get my money back! Grrr..........

1 comment:

BarryM said...

The only company to come out of this smelling of roses is my credit card company. They got my money back instantly. Skype took nearly a week to reply. I suggest we drop PayPal - bring back the cheque!